Concrete, the most common building material on earth, is made from three things: cement, water and aggregate. It’s easy to see how these three components are combined to make concrete. But what about the process of mixing them? That requires an industrial mixer. Concrete mixers come in three styles: self-loading vertical axis drum mixers; twin-shaft drum machines that can handle any size job; and vertical axis “twin shafts” (or “cyclone”) machines that are used for smaller projects.
- Twin-shaft mixers are the most common type of concrete mixer.
- They are used in most construction sites, including housing estates.
- They can be used for making concrete in large-scale projects such as road building and bridges.
Vertical axis mixers
The vertical-axis mixer is the most common type of concrete mixer and is typically used for smaller jobs. Its compact size makes it easier to operate, and the versatility of design allows it to be used on a wide range of projects.
Some examples of scenarios in which you would use a vertical-axis concrete mixer include:
- For small commercial jobs (e.g., driveways)
- When space is limited or difficult to access (e.g., under trees or in tight corners)
A drum mixer is the most common type of concrete mixer. The drum is rotated by a motor and you pour the concrete directly into it.
Drum mixers come in two common sizes:
- Small: These are typically between 3-5 cu/ft and can mix up to 25 yards of concrete at once, which makes them perfect for residential projects like driveways, patios and sidewalks. They’re also great for smaller commercial jobs like sidewalks or small buildings where you only have one truck available to do the mixing with.
- Medium/Large: These mixers normally range from 7-10 cu/ft and can handle anywhere from 40-50 yards at once (depending on their horsepower).
Concrete mixers come in three styles.
You might be wondering what the difference between these three types of concrete mixers is. Let’s take a look at each one and see why they’re different.
- Vertical axis: These are the most common type of concrete mixer, and they come in handy when you have a small job to do or a small space to work with. They’re also great if you’re only mixing small amounts of concrete at a time, because they can turn on their side to mix up smaller batches.
- Twin shaft: If you need to mix large batches of concrete or want more power than what a vertical axis offers, then consider getting a twin shaft machine instead. This type works well for larger projects such as road construction and building foundations because it has two sets of blades that revolve vertically around each other (hence “twin”). It will give you better results than other kinds because its blades move faster through thicker mixes; however, this means that it takes longer for them to reach full speed so there may be some delay before you can begin mixing your materials together
What is self loading concrete mixer?
Self loading concrete mixer is a machine that can mix and load concrete on its own. It is a portable machine that can be moved from one place to another, which makes it easy to use. This machine is also known as hydraulic concrete mixer, because it uses hydraulic power to mix the ingredients in the drum of this device.
Self-loading concrete mixer has been widely used in construction sites by many professionals due to its efficient working capabilities and durability over time. It comes with several features such as:
- A removable mixing drum which allows you to remove easily when filling up with cement, sand, aggregate etc. You can use an empty container without any problem at all!
- The possibility of adding water inside your mixer before starting mixing process so as not waste too much time waiting for water being added later on…
How much concrete do you need for a mixer lorry?
Before you can calculate how much concrete you will need for your mixer lorry, you need to know the size of your building. This is because each type of mixer truck has a max weight capacity and volume capacity. Once you know this information, it’s easy to determine how much concrete you need.
How much does a concrete mixer truck cost in India?
The cost of a concrete mixer truck varies from model to model and company to company. The size and type of mixer influences the price, as does the brand, features, and style (i.e., new or used).
For example, if you purchase a top-of-the-line commercial truck with several attachments in excellent condition that has been recently serviced by an authorized dealer, it would likely be more expensive than buying one with fewer features in poor condition at auction because it is no longer being manufactured.
I hope this article has helped you understand the different types of concrete mixers on offer. If you want any more information about the different models or would like us to help you choose one for your project, please feel free to contact us at any time.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us：+0086 157-1386-6881!